Re: [Xen-devel] 100% reliable Oops on xen 4.0.1

>>> On 14.08.12 at 02:03, Peter Moody <pmoody@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm not sure what you need from the domU. It's running 2.6.38.8 (but
> I've seen this bug all the way up to 3.5.0-rc7, the latest I've
> tested). It's a fairly beefy setup, 32G memory and 6 cpus.

Are these kernel versions refer to plain upstream ones?

Is the subject referring to 4.0.1 in any way meaningful? I.e.
does the problem not occur with other Xen versions?

> I suspect xen as opposed to auditd because:
>
>  a) this only happens on our xen machines (though not all of them)
>  b) one of my stack traces started with
>
> [172577.560441]  [<ffffffff810065ad>] ? xen_force_evtchn_callback+0xd/0x10

This is a weak indication of a problem with Xen, but could as
well just indicate it's a problem that only gets surfaced under
Xen. It would certainly help if you included the full oops
message (or multiple of them if they're meaningfully different).

Jan