Re: [Xen-devel] xen 4.2.0-rc3-pre: building failure on alpine linux / uclibc

> This is upstream QEMU that is breaking, not qemu-xen-traditional (see
> the code path: qemu-xen-dir-remote instead of
> qemu-xen-traditional-dir-remote).

Ah, I didn't know, it's a little bit confusing. Would you like me to
submit a bug report with them?

> Moreover it is breaking compiling qemu-nbd that we aren't currently
> using. I would try out the following change to the configure script:
> (..snip..)

Yes, that works, thanks! But it gives a new error which I couldn't
solve yet:

---
LINK  qemu-nbd

cutils.o: In function `strtosz_suffix_unit':

tools/qemu-xen-dir/cutils.c:354: undefined reference to
`__isnan'

tools/qemu-xen-dir/cutils.c:357: undefined reference to `modf'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
---

Any idea there?

Also -- If we're not using qemu-nbd then could you suggest a
workaround please? I'd prefer something that can be patched or
issued before I run the make process. (I run the make process
twice now - if the first run fails, patch, then run again and if it
fails again error out)

Thanks so far,
Mark

--