Re: [Xen-devel] lists.xen.org Mailman configuration and DKIM

On 03/08/12 15:44, Ian Jackson wrote:
Matt Wilson writes ("[Xen-devel] lists.xen.org Mailman configuration and DKIM"):
Several folks have let me know that my messages sent via lists.xen.org
are marked as spam / spoofed, especially when using Gmail to receive
Xen mail. I believe this is because outbound Amazon email contains a
DKIM signature. When Mailman modifies my message and re-sends it, the
DKIM signature is invalidated [1].

To work around this, Mailman 2.1.10 and later contain a configuration
variable called "REMOVE_DKIM_HEADERS" [2]. Perhaps if this were turned
on we'd work around the problem.
[1] http://wiki.list.org/display/DEV/DKIM
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/557493
Having checked RFC4871 I think it is clear that according to the
standards
   - Mailman SHOULD NOT [1] strip DKIM-Signature
   - No-one should treat a message with an invalid DKIM signature
     differently from a message with no DKIM signature at all [2]
It's actually pretty likely that gmail would also reject the mail if it had no DKIM signature, isn't it? In which case stripping the signature wouldn't really help.

 -George