Re: [Xen-devel] Should we revert "mm: New XENMEM space, XENMAPSPACE_gmfn_range"?

>>> On 01.08.12 at 20:06, Keir Fraser <keir@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Should we be changing our rules on public headers, allowing
> compiler-specific extensions to precisely lay out our structures? Quite
> possibly. We used to do that, but it got shot down by the ppc and ia64
> arches who wanted an easier life and just rely on compiler default layout
> for a particular platform. Of course those maintainers aren't actually
> voting any more. ;)

In the expectation that other architectures might get ported,
keeping the headers as generic as possible is likely the best
thing to do. After all it was (hopefully!) for a reason that the
PPC and/or IA64 folks wanted the non-standard stuff to be
removed.

Jan