[Xen-devel] built-in log mechanism for pending messages

  • To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Kerti Csaba <csocskos@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 16:00:16 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 14:01:18 +0000

Dear Developer mail-list members!

I like to interest, that is there any built-in log mechanism which is contains
how many pending messages has each domain (including dom0)?
(I like to reach this information from the do_schedule() method from the
scheduler)

Actually I’m reading “The Definition Guide to the Xen Hypervisor” book, and I
found the following information there:
“The evtchn_pending of the shared_info_t is 8 machine words long and contains a
bit-field which event channels have events waiting.”

If I calculate that, how many bits sets to 1 on the evtchn_pending field, then
I get the number of pending messages for a domain? Is this also works for
dom0(incoming/outgoing pending massages)?

Thank you in advance
Csaba