[Xen-devel] Xen Development Projects page

  • To: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Attilio Rao <attilio.rao@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 16:57:53 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 16:08:33 +0000

Hi,
I think it is time we start preparing and managing correctly a Xen Development wiki page. We already have one but it is a bit un-organized, with stale and poor content.

I wanted to organize the page like that:
- Have upfront a list of tasks, divided by subsystem (es. toolstack, hypervisor, domain support, etc.)
- Have the corresponding entries organized like that:
o Technical contact (this may be optional if we think the idea is worthwhile but there is not really someone which can tackle this right now). There may be more than one. o Description of the issue: the description must be technical and give an hint to the contributor, however might not reveal all the technical trickery about it. This is to force the novel contributor to contact the "technical contact" and work on the issue to get a grasp. o Difficulty level. I'm not sure if you like this, but very much I think this would be an hint for people that are very new to xen development and wants to start from simple projects.

In the end, we can squeeze out Summer of Projects entries from this list if we keep it updated well enough and really useful.

What I'm asking you is:
- Do you like the idea to organize the development projects page like that?
- Do you *all* want to contribute with a couple of ideas outlining the informations reported above? I don't it is a huge effort if everyone contributes at least 1 entry or 2.

Thanks,
Attilio