Re: [Xen-devel] Kernel crash with acpi_processor, cpu_idle and intel_idle =y

>>> On 22.07.12 at 18:16, Mark van Dijk <lists+xen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> When I set CONFIG_ACPI_PROCESSOR, CONFIG_CPU_IDLE and CONFIG_INTEL_IDLE
> to y then I cannot boot Xen; there is a crash.

Without providing us with the details of the crash, I don't think
anyone will be able to help here.

> Is it impossible to use INTEL_IDLE with Xen? If this is a known issue
> then maybe someone can add info to the INTEL_IDLE help text in the
> kernel configuration...

All CPU idle management happens in Xen, and the corresponding
code in the Dom0 (and DomU) kernel gets turned off. There's no
need to clutter the kernel config option with Xen specific information
(the kernel ought to work irrespective of its setting).

> PS I am not receiving xen-devel messages but this message does
> probably belong there so I'm posting it there too.

But nevertheless please don't cross-post.

Jan