[Xen-devel] XenStore as a data transfer path?

  • To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Larry White" <lmw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 19:58:49 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 00:59:34 +0000

Can the XenStore database be accessed by domU’s?

If so, could it be used to pass small amounts of data back and forth between dom0 and domU’s using XenStore key entries?  If this is possible, it would seem that this could eliminate the need to create a “device” driver for a simple communication path.

Also, what type of Guest Fedora Kernel would be needed to perform this type of Xen functionality in a HVM domU guest configuration?  I assume that a normal Fedora kernel would not work.  However, I have read the Fedora 14 and later has some type of Xen support out of the box.  Not sure what type of support.

Thanks,

Larry