Re: [Xen-devel] 4.2 unstable kernel restarting before booting OS kernel

On Sat, 2012-07-14 at 19:01 -0400, David Erickson wrote:
> Hi Ian-
> noreboot prevented the reboot, but it has hung right after Xen blanked
> the screen.  My USB serial port is about a half an hour away so I'll
> get that later on and see if I can get any more info from its output.

Great, thanks.

> Are there any kernel changes required when going from 4.1->4.2?
> Should my kernel that works fine with 4.1 work with 4.2?

There's no particular linkage between the kernel and the hypervisor
version. So your kernel should be fine.

>   And
> presumably since it has hung and the noreboot line was on the xen
> kernel line, the problem exists in the xen kernel?

It could still be either I think.

Did you see the last thing printed before the screen went blank?

You might want to add debug options to both command lines, there's some
stuff about that in
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/XenParavirtOps

You mention the screen going blank, might be worth having a look through
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/XenPVOPSDRM