Re: [Xen-devel] Backport requests of cs 23420..23423 for 4.0 and 4.1

On 13/07/12 10:26, Juergen Gross wrote:
> Am 13.07.2012 10:05, schrieb Keir Fraser:
>> On 13/07/2012 07:08, "Juergen Gross"<juergen.gross@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> we are experiencing significant performance degradation after live migration
>>> of
>>> hvm domains in Xen 4.0 (SLES11 SP1): after live migration the performance is
>>> dropping to less than 90%. I did a backport of cs 23420-23423 and the
>>> performance is okay now.
>>>
>>> I would like to request to include these changesets in 4.0 and 4.1. The
>>> backport is quite trivial, I can send patches if you are willing to take
>>> them.
>> Will need an Ack from George and then patches applied by (or at least an Ack
>> from) a tools maintainer.
> Okay, I'll send the patches for 4.1 and 4.0 and George can Ack or Nack them.
>

> Thanks, Juergen

For what it is worth, XenServer have had these patches (the
pre-upstreamed versions) in all Xen-4.x releases we have done.  We even
had a customer support escalation and backported them to our last
Xen-3.4 release.

--
Andrew Cooper - Dom0 Kernel Engineer, Citrix XenServer
T: +44 (0)1223 225 900, http://www.citrix.com