Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-unstable test] 13461: regressions - FAIL

Daniel P. Berrange writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-unstable test] 13461:
regressions - FAIL"):
> On Thu, Jul 05, 2012 at 11:40:04AM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> >  release_lock()
> >  {
> >      _setlockfd $1
> > -    flock -u $_lockfd
> > +    rm "$_lockfile"
>
> I think you still want the 'flock' line here, but have it after the
> 'rm' line. Otherwise you leave the $_lockfd filehandle open. Yes,
> I know the calling script will probably just exit, but it doesn't
> hurt to be careful here.

flock -u won't close the fd.  If that's what you want then we would
have to do so explicitly.

But, in the meantime the old lockfile exists and is pointlessly
flocked but is unlinked, which is harmless apart from being a slight
resource leak.

Note that anyone who inherits a the fd from the hotplug script will
end up keeping the file in existence, so closing it here (with or
without unlocking it) may not do any good.  And if there are no such
children with a copy of the fd then when the hotplug script dies or
exits the stale lockfile will be reaped by the kernel.

So I think it's fine as it is.