Re: [Xen-devel] [HYBRID]: XEN_EMULATE_PREFIX in user process

On Fri, 29 Jun 2012 09:09:29 +0100
Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, 2012-06-29 at 02:26 +0100, Mukesh Rathor wrote:
> > On Thu, 28 Jun 2012 21:09:03 -0400
>
> CS 0x033 could still be kernel mode on regular PV 64 bit, but I
> suppose not on hybrid?

correct, not on hybrid, unless some bug! But then the RIP also
appears user mode.

> It's unlikely but not impossible for a userspace developer to have
> done some "Xen magic" and used the prefix in userspace.
>
> What version of dm_mapper do you have? I checked the version in Debian
> Sid and it doesn't do this (at least not directly).
>
> Are you able to run the dm_mapper process under gdb and inspect it to
> find the prefix?

Well, let me take that back. dm_mapper is the last printk, but it could
be anything after that or that.

Unfortunately, it's dom0 and during boot, so can't run gdb on it. I am
hacking the kernel now to print every user process name in schedule.

thanks,
Mukesh