Re: [Xen-devel] pygrub: verify chosen kernel really exists

On Mon, 25 Jun 2012, Ian Campbell wrote:

On Mon, 2012-06-25 at 11:17 +0100, M A Young wrote:
It also hits the same area of code as the proposed protection against
problems caused by huge kernels in the guests (eg. see
http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2012-05/msg01183.html
or http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2012-05/msg01499.html
and it was suggested that it might be better to use a function to do this
bit of the code rather than duplicating it for both kernel and ramdisk.

BTW, what is the status of that patch?

I left it drift a bit, but I was starting to look again at it when I saw this patch, particularly as it suggested to me a different way to cause problems from the guest - have a huge kernel file and a missing ramdisk so you might get pygrub to backtrace and is a good chance the temporary kernel file won't get deleted.

        Michael Young