Re: [Xen-devel] Regarding selecting scheduler at boot time...

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 10:10 PM, Tapdiya, Ashish
<ashish.tapdiya@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My hypervisor version is 4.1.2 and dom0 is ubuntu oneiric 3.0.30.
>
> When I supply sched=sedf or sched=arinc653 as boot parameter I can't boot
> into dom0. However, if I supply sched=credit (default) or sched=credit2,
> specified scheduler gets selected and dom0 boots perfectly fine. Not sure if
> it is a bug.

arinc653 is a custom scheduler written by a single company for a
specific purpose (something to do with a hard real-time scheduling
problem they had).  None of the regular xen.org developers use it or
know anything about it, including exactly what it's for, what kind of
hardware it's expected to run on, or what kind of parameters are
required for it to boot.  It may even be the case that the company
that wrote it also has a custom OS that runs as a dom0.  So unless you
know what you need it for, it's probably best to leave that one alone.
:-)

sedf should work; a proper bug report (including serial console output
and a hardware description) will make fixing that bug a lot quicker.

 -George