Re: [Xen-devel] Other PCI devices to mark mark as read-only for dom0

Friday, June 22, 2012, 11:04:24 AM, you wrote:

> Following Jan's infrastructure to mark certain PCI devices as read only,
> I think it wise to now consider what other PCI devices should really be
> read only to dom0.

> My preliminary thoughts include:

> * PCI serial devices which Xen is configured to use
> * Chipset devices (AMD IOMMU covered by previous patch)
> * Cpu information

> Are there any others I have overlooked, or reasons that dom0 should be
> able to write to these areas?

Make devices specified for pci passthrough be really hidden and "owned" by the
hyperviso ?
     - which can in turn delegate ownership to a domain (including dom0)
     - If a domain is destroyed, the hypervisor resets the device and becomes
the owner again instead of dom0 ?

--
Best regards,
 Sander                            mailto:linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx