Re: [Xen-devel] Fwd: netback (Network backend) in domU

On Tue, 2012-06-19 at 14:49 +0100, Shakeel Butt wrote:
> I previously email at xen-user list but didn't get any response. I am
> using Xen-3.4.0 and 2.6.18 as dom0 kernel and facing below problem.

Apart from the ancient version the main thing which I think is missing
is all the configuration detail specifics.

What are the actual network configuration in dom0 and domU? How are your
bridges setup? What hotplug scripts are you using? Are they triggering?
etc. What I'm looking for here is specific details like the outputs of
"ifconfig -a" "brctl show" the contents of files like ifcfg-*
or /etc/network/interfaces (depending on distro) in all the involved
domains.

Also how are you starting the netback-domU guest (command line), what is
its configuration file?

Same for the other-domU.

How are you attaching the vif to dom0, what command are you running to
make that happen?

When the system is setup with all domains running what does "xenstore-ls
-fp" contain? This will contain details of which device if attached to
which.