Re: [Xen-devel] Using "xl create" without domain config file

On Thu, 2012-05-31 at 05:50 +0100, W. Michael Petullo wrote:
> I found it useful to use xm without a domain configuration file:
>
>       xm create /dev/null kernel=...
>
> The xl command does not support this. See a previous thread I started:
>
>       http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2011-08/msg00330.html
>
> I just found the time to modify xl so that it works without a domain
> configuration file. For example:
>
>       xl create kernel=\"...\" ...
>
> Would it be possible to add this feature? The xl command already supports
> augmenting a domain configuration file with additional information
> from the command line. My changes just modify xl so that the entire
> configuration may be specified on the command line.
>
> To test this patch, run:
>
>       1. xl create -c /path/to/config
>
>       2. xl create -c /path/to/config someAdditionalDomainParam=\"value\"
>
>       3. xl create -c kernel=\"/path/to/kernel\"
>
> The third test covers the new case.

Does #3 actually work? I ask because name=".." is mandatory...

Please can you supply a proposed commit message including a
signed-off-by as per http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Submitting_Xen_Patches

Please can you also check that docs/man/xl*.pod do not need updating
after this change.