Re: [Xen-devel] Unable to get QXL vga working

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 4:21 PM, Fantu <fantonifabio@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Zhou Peng wrote
>>
>> Hi Fantu,
>>
>> Thanks for your response.
>>
>> xl doesn't support qxl-related option at the moment.
>> I will test upstream-qemu-xen these days, and if it works well
>> with qxl device, I will be glad to add qxl support to xl.
>>
> Hello, any news about this?
> Thanks in advance

It seems you are using the upstream-qemu.
There are some special patches for upstream-qemu-xen(I don't track if all the
patches have been accepted by qemu)

The git repos for upstream-qemu-xen:
  Stefano Stabellini's tree:
git://xenbits.xen.org/people/sstabellini/qemu-dm.git
  Anthony's tree: git://xenbits.xen.org/people/aperard/qemu-dm.git

I am watching upstream-qemu-xen's progress too, but I have not tracked
it for months.

I was plan to test the latest upstream-qemu-xen and response to you,
but I encounter a problem when preparing the environment using the upstream xen:
  # xl list
  libxl: error: libxl.c:506:libxl_list_domain: geting domain info
list: Operation not permitted
  libxl_domain_infolist failed.

So I suggest you  to have a try of upstream-qemu-xen if not yet.
In my test many months ago, it didn't support graphic, and spice was tested
with linux-hvm disabling graphic.

How to configure upstream-qemu-xen:
./configure --target-list=i386-softmmu --enable-spice
   --enable-xen --extra-cflags=-I${path-to-xen}/dist/install/usr/include
   --extra-ldflags=-L${path-to-xen}/dist/install/usr/lib

CCing to Stefano, who may help you on upstream-qemu-xen.

> --

Zhou Peng