Re: [Xen-devel] [patch] xen udev rule interfering with openvpn

Ian Campbell writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] [patch] xen udev rule interfering with
openvpn"):
> On Fri, 2012-04-20 at 11:38 +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> >   Are we
> > sure that this isn't going to break some existing setup where the name
> > is already using most of the available length ?
>
> On the contrary I'm fairly sure it will break them... How common they
> would be I can't say (other than my gut feeling being "not very").
>
> Not sure what our options are here. Perhaps in the grant Unix tradition
> of dropping vowels and random consonants "xtp-". Or perhaps "emu-" (for
> emulated)?

I'm not quite up to speed with all the context here but is the reason
that you're not suggesting "xen-" is that that's already used for
something else ?

> This still adds a new 4 char prefix in the xl case but xend already had
> that behaviour so hopefully people haven't come to rely on it in the
> meantime.

I think that's a fair enough assumption.