[Xen-devel] lock in vhpet

Hi keir

I noticed that the changeset 15289 introuduced locking to platform timers. And
you mentioned that it only handy for correctness. Are there some potential
issues which is fixed by this patch? If not, I wonder why we need those locks?
I think it should be OS's responsibly to guarantee the access sequentially, not
hypervisor. Am I right?
I don't know whether all those locks are necessary, but at least the lock for
vhpet, especially the reading lock, is not required.

best regards
yang