Re: [Xen-devel] I have used printk in some hypercall.But Dom0 can't be booted.

George Dunlap-4 wrote

> On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 2:15 PM, SuperWong <wang_nets@> wrote:
>> Hi all:
>> Â ÂI wanted to record some information about some hypercalls and trace
>> the
>> hypercalls.So I have tried to add printk in the hypercall.But the Dom0
>> can't
>> be *booted*.For example, I add printk at the beginning of
>> do_set_trap_table.
>> printk("<1>""HYPERCALL:do_set_trap_table");
>> Why I can't add printk in hypercall?
>> Does anyone know the reason and the solution?Thanks.
>
> There's no way we can answer this question without the output of the
> dom0 saying why it failed.
>
> The best way to do this is to set up a serial console:
>  http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_Serial_Console
>
>  -George

Thanks so much.I have set up a serial console.Then,I found there were full
of my printk output.It's likely that writing a printk in a hypercall isn't
feasible.I want to record which hypercall is issued when I input insmod.How
should I do it?