Re: [Xen-devel] hvm crash on hypercall event channel

On 11/04/2012 13:24, "Daniel Castro" <evil.dani@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> It's looking likely that you'll have to go to 32 bit mode to do all of
>> the actual I/O associated with the PV devices. That ought to simplify a
>> bunch of stuff WRT handling the rings etc too.
>
> What are my choices?
> 1. Add support for 16bit hypercalls on Xen.
> 2. Jump to 32 bit

I think this is best. Compile the 32-bit drivers as 32-bit code, then use
stubs to transfer between 16-bit and 32-bit execution modes at run time. Our
old rombios has code you could borrow for this, if seabios doesn't already
have such functionality.

 -- Keir