Re: [Xen-devel] How to add debug information in libxc

On Mon, 2012-04-09 at 06:45 +0100, Lin Ming wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 1:09 PM, Wentao Zhang <wnlo.zwt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >         I want to add debug information in /tools/libxc/xc_csched.c, I have
> > used PERROR to output the information, but I don`t know how to find the
> > output information,
> >     I used xm dm to look at it, but there is nothing, and I also read the
> > xend.log, nothing either. How should I do to add debug information, and to
> > find the output information ?
>
> I guess you are still using the old installed library.
>
> Try:
>
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=<your xen source dir>/tools/libxc:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

If you are using xend then most of the libxc calls will happen in the
context of the long running xend daemon and not in the context of the xm
cli utility, so unless you have restarted xend with the new library you
may not see any change.

Also note that xend is deprecated and all new development should happen
with xl. In this case this has the advantage that xl is entirely self
contained so it is easier to arrange for it to run with specific
libraries etc.