Re: [Xen-devel] Hypercall continuation and wait_event

  • To: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Ruslan Nikolaev <nruslan_devel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2012 12:18:50 -0700 (PDT)
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 09 Apr 2012 19:19:26 +0000

Thanks for the reply.

Since it can take arbitrarily long for an event to arrive (e.g., it is coming
from a different guest on a user request), how do I need to handle this
case?Does it mean that I only need to make sure that nothings get scheduled on
this VCPU in the guest?
Also, it is not exactly clear to me how wait_event avoids the need for
hypercall continuation. What about local_events_need_delivery() or
softirq_pending()? Are they going to be handled by wait_event internally?

Ruslan