Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC] Shutdown event script for xl toolstack

On Tue, 2012-04-03 at 11:30 +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Ian Campbell writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC] Shutdown event script for xl
> toolstack"):
> > On Fri, 2012-03-30 at 15:03 +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > > Indeed I think it's arguably a mistake that the on_{poweroff,...}
> > > items are in libxl_domain_config rather than in something provided in
> > > xl.
> >
> > If we're going to change that we should do it before the API gets
> > declared stable in 4.2...
>
> Yes.  Do you agree with my opinion that they should be moved ?

It seems reasonable to err on the side of not including things in the
API initially.

The enum itself could be moved too but the IDL provided functions for
the Enum are quite handy, it'd be a shame to lose them and I'm not sure
how well the IDL will function for non-libxl use -- it uses some
internal functions of which libxl__enum_from_string is of particular
interest here.