Re: [Xen-devel] qemu reverse vnc connection

On Sun, 1 Apr 2012, James Harper wrote:
> I was looking at vnc.c to see what would be involved in making a reverse VNC
> connection (vnc server connects to the client), and it looks possible but I
> also wondered if there was any reason why libvncserver couldn't be used
> instead? Both qemu-dm and libvncserver appear to be licensed under GPL
> although I haven't checked what version.

A (very) long time ago a decision was made whether to use libvncserver
or not in QEMU and now we are too far down the road to change it.
Besides we are switching to upstream QEMU so we try to keep our changes
to QEMU's tree as small as possible.

> I've never figured out whether it's qemu's vnc implementation or VNCViewer
> but one of them seems pretty buggy - freezing and requiring frequent
> refreshes under some circumstances, and occasionally not liking resolution
> changes.

Few years ago I have done some investigations and I seem to recall that
the problem lies with vncviewer.