Re: [Xen-devel] Xen Source code build

On Sun, 2012-04-01 at 06:34 +0100, Mohit Dhingra wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am a newbie to Linux and Xen. I tried compiling Xen Source code (I
> want to make some changes and see how it works), but it failed on my
> system as it couldn't find gnu-stubs32.h. Later, on looking at
> Makefile, I figured out that for x86_64, it is not yet supported !!

x86_64 is very much supported, in fact a 64 bit hypervisor is the
preferred configuration (with 32 or 64 tools depending on your chosen
dom0 configuration). What did you see in the Makefile which made you
think otherwise?

WRT gnu-stubs32.h I suspect you are missing some -devel package or
other. I don't know about how SuSE lays things out but you should locate
the package containing this file and install it. Googling suggests that
perhaps you meant gnu/stubs32.h? In which case you probably want to
install glibc-devel.

If you need to post again then please include a build log, including the
exact make command and the last page or so of the output (i.e. including
all of the error message).

> Then I installed "32-bit" emulation utility for x86-64.
> and I tried compiling by "linux32" terminal.

Cross compiling requires much more effort than that. I suggest you don't
go down that path.