Re: [Xen-devel] LWP Interrupt Handler

On 29/03/2012 23:54, "Wei Huang" <wei.huang2@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> How about the approach in attached patches? A interrupt handler is
> registered at vector 0xf6 as a delegate for guest VM. Guest VCPU can
> register interrupt handler to receive notification. I will prepare
> formal ones after receiving your comments.

Ugh, no, these ad-hoc dynamically-registered subhandlers are getting beyond
the pale. Therefore, I've just spent half hour routing all our interrupts,
even the direct APIC ones, through do_IRQ(), and now allow everything to be
dynamically allocated.

Please pull up to xen-unstable tip (>= 25113) and use
alloc_direct_apic_vector(). You can find a few callers of it that I added
myself, to give you an idea how to use it. In essence, you can call it from
your SVM-specific code, to allocate a vector for your irq handler. And you
can do it immediately before you poke the vector into your special MSR. You
can call alloc_direct_apic_vector() unconditionally -- it will deal with
ensuring the allocation happens only once.

 -- Keir