Re: [Xen-devel] Dear Tobias Geiger, I Need Help with Xen VGA Passthrough to Windows 8 Consumer Preview/ XP (Xen 4.2-unstable)

On 28/03/2012 00:27, Tobias Geiger wrote:
Am 27.03.2012 18:22, schrieb Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming):
With ATI VGA cards, you still need to patch Xen 4.2-unstable? I thought Tobia Geiger said that patches are not required?

Thank you very much.

you don't *need* them, no. it works without them.

its just a little more hassle to install your windows until you can load the ATI driver. but thats - at least for me - done only once in a windows-hvm-domU-guest-lifetime, so i had no problem with that.

Greetings
Tobias

Dear Tobias Geiger,

Thank you for your confirmation. I may consider to get ATI VGA card, but not so soon. I am currently unemployed and I would hesitate to spend several hundred dollars.

--
Yours sincerely,

Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming)
Singapore