Re: [Xen-devel] Signed GPLPV drivers available for download

Hi James!

glad you ask - because just yesterday i re-tested the 357-version of the
drivers under Windows7 64bit HVM guest - here are the results:

(everyting in mb/s)

W/O gplpv-drivers and WITH pci-passthrough:

Seq. reading: 311.8
Seq. writing:  106.3
4k    reading: 10.2
4k    writing:   9.3
4k64thread reading: 11.1
4k64threads writing: 10.9

WITH gplpv-drivers and WITH pci-passthrough:

Seq. reading: 98.8
Seq. writing:  31.6
4k    reading: 12.0
4k    writing:  19.3
4k64thread reading: 15.4
4k64threads writing: 29.6

WITH gplpv-drivers and WITHOUT pci-passthrough:

Seq. reading: 104.4
Seq. writing:   85.2
4k    reading:  12.7
4k    writing:   20.4
4k64thread reading: 16.6
4k64threads writing: 32.6

Strange thing is, that even without pci-passthrough the performance with gplpv
is'nt that much better compared to w/o gplpv but with pci-passthrough - well
it is overall a bit better, but just a bit, and seq. read performance is much
worse...
i haven't made a test without gplpv and without passthrough at the same time -
tell me if you want to see how that performs.

Greetings!
Tobias

P.S.: i'm using phy backend pointing to a LVM device on an SSD for this tests.