Re: [Xen-devel] [Xen-users] [SUCCESS] Xen 4.2-unstable Changeset 25099: VGA Passthrough to Windows 8 Consumer Preview HVM domU

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 11:00:51PM +0800, Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) wrote:
> On 26/03/2012 22:15, Martin Wolf wrote:

>>> Dear Pavel Mateja,
>>>
>>> I can confirm my Intel Pentium Dual Core E6300 2.8 GHz supports VT-x
>>> and my Intel DQ45CB desktop board and motherboard BIOS supports VT-d.
>>> Would you like to have a photo screenshot of the motherboard BIOS
>>> showing the VT-d option? This is concrete evidence showing that my
>>> hardware configuration supports VT-d. I can even post a video if you
>>> want it.
>>>
>>> Thank you very much.
>>>
>> afaik the vt-d support was in the chipset for the core2duo / quad
>> series and was moved to the cpu since the core "i" series. so i guess
>> he is right.
>>
> Oh I see.

Also you can verify the VT-d IOMMU support from Xen dmesg:
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_Common_Problems#How_can_I_check_if_my_hardware_has_an_IOMMU_.28VT-d.29_and_it.27s_enabled_and_supported.3F

-- Pasi