[Xen-devel] LWP Interrupt Handler

I am adding interrupt support for LWP, whose spec is available at http://support.amd.com/us/Processor_TechDocs/43724.pdf. Basically OS can specify an interrupt vector in LWP_CFG MSR; the interrupt will be triggered when event buffer overflows. For HVM guests, I want to re-inject this interrupt back into the guest VM. Here is one idea similar to virtualized PMU: It first registers a special interrupt handler (say on vector 0xf6) using set_intr_gate(). When triggered, this handler injects an IRQ (with vector copied from LWP_CFG) into guest VM via virtual local APIC. This worked from my test.

But adding a interrupt handler seems to be an overkill. Is there any better way to create a dummy interrupt receiver on be-behalf of guest VMs? I also looked into IRQ and MSI solutions inside Xen. But most of them assume that interrupts are from physical device (but not in this LWP case, where interrupt is initiated from CPU itself); so they don't fit very well.

Thanks,
-Wei