[Xen-devel] [hybrid] : mmap pfn space...

Hi Ian/Stefano,

So, I'm back to using pfn space from maxphysaddr below. Stefano, you
suggested ballooning, but that would be just too slow. There are lot of
pages to be mapped, 4k at a time during guest creation, and I am afraid
ballooning and hypercalls to populate EPT will be pretty slow.

OTOH, there is tons of address space available between max-physaddr and
max pfn in dom0. Stefano, your concern was stuff mapped there
causing problems in future. But we can always look at the e820 for
conflicts. Keeping things fast is important for us .

Please let me know if you still have issues with my approach. I
believe this is what Ian is doing on ARM port.

thanks,
Mukesh