[Xen-devel] Re : Wishlist for Xen 4.2

  • To: "Teo En Ming \(Zhang Enming\)" <singapore.mr.teo.en.ming@xxxxxxxxx>, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: David TECHER <davidtecher@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 11:37:26 +0000 (GMT)
  • Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 11:37:40 +0000

To ALL

I did my tests for 25070 yesterday And it is Ok for this revision version.

last patches are the same http://www.davidgis.fr/download/xen-4.2_rev24798_gfx-passthrough-patchs.tar.bz2

I've just forgot to update my article for this revision. (done now!).

I will not have time to use Xen processes to submit patches.

HOWEVER in the process of applying my patches, the following commands need to be run so a few files are generated.

./configure
make tools
cd tools
make clean
cd ..

then apply patches. t
hen make xen tools stubdom
then make install-xen install-tools install-stubdom

So I don't think that applying my patches could be done directly in Xen sources.
Moreover it depends on the choice done by the user.

As a wise man said "KISS" Keep IT Simple and Stupid.

 -create a directory where to put all patches somewhere in Xen sources

- create a README.first to explain how to use this patches with required commands (see above).

  I can make a resume of my article if required  in the README.first and update the wiki infos if required

This is the simple easy why I found.

We just need to have the specific patches somewhere in the Xen sources because VGA passthrough is something very specific.

Kind regards.

David.