Re: [Xen-devel] Host does not support virtualization type 'xen'

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 10:01:52PM -0500, Su Zhang wrote:
>    Hello Community,

Hello,

>     I successfully installed and run xen (xm list and xm info can output
>    appropriately).
>     However, while I was installing domU image by using virt-install -p at
>    domU OS. I encountered an
>    error information" Host does not support virtualization type 'xen' ".
>    I built xen from source. Some of my friends have the same issue, but if
>    they use pre-build xen, the issue will go away.
>    However, I want to insist in using my version of xen (build from source).
>    Does anyone can give any hint about this error?
>
>    I'll appreciate if any suggestions can be given,

First of all this kind of question should to go xen-users mailinglist..

Anyway: This issue is not directly related to *Xen*. The issue is in
libvirt/virt-install.
(libvirt/virt-install is not part of Xen tree).

libvirt needs to be compiled for the version of Xen you're running.
So when you replace and install Xen from source, you need to recompile libvirt
for the new Xen version.

After libvirt rebuild it should work.

-- Pasi