Re: [Xen-devel] Paging/sharing in 4.2 (Was: Re: 4.2 TODO update)

On Mon, 2012-03-12 at 13:04 +0000, Olaf Hering wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 12, Ian Campbell wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 2012-03-12 at 12:11 +0000, Ian Campbell wrote:
> > > [...]
> > > tools, blockers:
> > > [...]
> > >       * Correct paging/sharing tools buffer mlocking (Tim, Andres, DONE)
> > > [...]
> > > hypervisor, nice to have:
> > >       * solid implementation of sharing/paging/mem-events (using work
> > >         queues) (Tim Deegan, Olaf Herring et al -- is this happening? is
> > >         it DONE even?)
>
> The last patch to use a waitqueue in __get_gfn_type_access() from Tim
> works.  However, there are a few users who call __get_gfn_type_access
> with the domain_lock held.

Thanks.

>  This part needs to be addressed in some way.

This is happening?

> > > tools, nice to have:
> > > [...]
> > >       * Configure/control paging via xl/libxl (Olaf Herring, lots of
> > >         discussion around interface)
> >
> > Is this a reasonable summary of the state of the paging/sharing &
> > friends world for 4.2? Is there anything missing?
>

> There are indeed alot of ideas regarding the interface, and its
> currently not clear to me if there is an agreement yet. Was there any
> outcome where to proceed?

I've mostly swapped it out while I was away so I need to go back to the
thread and figure out where we got to. I don't think we had discussed
the libxl interface, only xl. I think the proposal Andres made sense in
this respect when he described it to me (although I've not read the mail
yet).