Re: [Xen-devel] xen-unstable: Qemu upstream domUs not start on Wheezy

On Tue, 2012-03-06 at 08:51 -0500, Fantu wrote:
> Stefano Stabellini-3 wrote
> >
> > On Fri, 24 Feb 2012, Fantu wrote:
> >> Does Xen and all of its parts (include qemu upstream) has debug on
> >> build-time
> >> enabled by default or must be enabled?
> >
> > Yes, they are enabled by default.
> > Unfortunately from the log you posted in the previous email I am not
> > sure what could cause QEMU to fail opening the unix socket in
> > /var/run/xen.
> >

> Problem found, /var/run/xen is erased at every reboot, probably by Wheezy.

/var/run is a tmpfs these days, I think and its been reasonably common
for distros to clear it out on boot more or less aggressively for some
time.

I think the xencommons initscript should be made to mkdir /var/run/xen
on every boot, or everything in Xen which needs it needs to be made to
mkdir it as necessary (which would be a pain).

Can you knock up a patch to add the mkdir to the initscript please?