Re: [Xen-devel] Building Windows GplPV drivers using newer WDK?

> I would like to build the GPLPV drivers for Windows HVM, however the wiki
> page here:
>
> http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/XenWindowsGplPv/Building
>
> ...says that the building is only support on WDK6001, and the problem is that
> this WDK doesn't seem to be available for download any longer from the MS
> website:
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hardware/gg487428/
>
> Anybody has had nay luck with finding the old WDK 6001 somewhere else on
> the MS website, or better yet, building the drivers with a newer WDK?

I must get to updating that documentation, or at least marking it deprecated.

You'll need 6001 to be able to build for Windows 2000, but the rest of the
drivers build only with 7600. 7600 is probably the newest version that will
work... I believe the Windows 8 is going to be Visual Studio based, which could
potentially really suck, but I haven't looked at it yet. Worse still I'll now
need 3 DDK's installed to be able to build for all the different platforms!

In addition, you'll need WiX. I build with 3.5, but I don't know what the
current version is and if it will work or not.

Let me know how you get on.

James