Re: [Xen-devel] autoconf/ debian 6.0 - missing dependency checks

On Thu, 2012-03-01 at 19:22 +0000, Shriram Rajagopalan wrote:
> I just did a ./configure and then make on a fresh debian 6.0 64-bit
> install.
> ./configure caught most of the missing dependencies except the
> following,
>  which caused compilation failures.
>
> 1. libncurses5-dev (I get errors from tools/misc, concerning
> gtraceview)

Also used by xentop so I think we should make this a hard dependency
check. If it were just gtraceview a soft dependency would have been ok.

> 2. bin86 & bcc & iasl - during firmware compilation

The first two are used for vgabios and rombios only, I think.

We should eventually have --{enable,disable}-rombios but for now this is
also a hard dependency.

iasl is used by tools/firmware/hvmloader/... that's a hard dependency.

> 3. python-dev (from tools/python/xen/lowlevel/xc)

We should eventually have --enable-python/--enable-xend etc but for now
this is a hard dependency.

> I am not sure if I was doing something wrong or if its the configure
> script missing these dependency checks.

Missing I think. CCing Roger.