Re: [Xen-devel] Need help with qemu args debug

On Wed, 29 Feb 2012, Fantu wrote:
> Now I search for other options, found and tried with -global
> qxl-vga.vram_size=4194304 but same problem...
>
> do_spice_init: starting 0.10.1
> spice_server_add_interface: SPICE_INTERFACE_MIGRATION
> spice_server_add_interface: SPICE_INTERFACE_KEYBOARD
> spice_server_add_interface: SPICE_INTERFACE_MOUSE
> qemu: hardware error: xen: failed to populate ram at 40000000

You are going in the right direction but I think QXL might be doing
other allocations other than the main vga videoram.
Now that I think about it, another way around the memory allocation
problem would be to add "maxmem=MEMORY" in your VM config file, where
MEMORY is equal to the amount of memory you assign to the VM plus the
videram.

So if you have:

memory=1024

then you could try adding: