[Xen-devel] Xen 3.4.4 security fixes

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Jonathan Tripathy <jonnyt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 12:00:07 +0000
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 12:00:56 +0000

Hi Everyone,

I note that Xen 3.4.4 has been released

http://blog.xen.org/index.php/2012/01/27/xen-3-4-4-update-release/

There is something that I am confused about though. In the release announcement, it mentions one of the features of the update being:

" Security enhancements including CVE-2011-1583"

However, the aforementioned CVE seems to only apply to other versions of Xen (3.4.x is missing in the list of venerable software)

While I'm obviously happy that the latest release is free of this bug, can someone please shed some light on how this bug was fixed in 3.4.4, when it wasn't supposed to be present in the first place in 3.4.3?

Also, what other security-related bugs have been fixed? It there a list somewhere?

I think it's great that there are members out there willing to maintain the 3.4.x branch. It's very stable. Good job folks!

Cheers