Re: [Xen-devel] relation between upstream qemu tree and qemu-upstream-unstable.git

On Wed, 2012-02-08 at 11:56 +0000, Stefano Stabellini wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Feb 2012, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > Jan Beulich writes ("[Xen-devel] relation between upstream qemu tree and
> > qemu-upstream-unstable.git"):
> > > How is the supposedly strait clone on xenbits related to the "real" tree?
> > > It doesn't seem to be tracking it, so I'm sort of confused whether I
> > > could in fact use the upstream tree in favor of the made up mirror.
> >
> > AIUI qemu-upstream-unstable is not a direct copy of the upstream tree,
> > but rather one with various other patches needed for Xen.  But Stefano
> > will be able to comment for sure.
>
> Hi Jan,
> qemu-upstream-unstable.git is not a mirror of an upstream tree: while it is
> based on qemu-stable-1.0.git, it is going to have many more Xen specific
> backports than the upstream stable tree.

The default rule will be that such patches will be backports though,
right? e.g. backported patches must have already been committed to the
upstream dev branch, somewhat similar to the Linux kernel
stable_kernel_rules.txt?

Ian.