Re: [Xen-devel] Regressions in v3.3-rc1 introduced by "xen/granttable: Grant tables V2 implementation"

On Wed, 2012-01-25 at 20:50 +0000, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 03:23:28PM +0000, Paul Durrant wrote:

I think this bug is a red herring -- the current code in Linux will
never get anywhere near triggering it because it never even tries to map
the status pages into the p2m.

IOW the call to XENMEM_add_to_physmap in
drivers/xen/grant-table.c:gnttab_map() needs to be done for the status
pages too or there is no chance of v2 grant tables working for HVM
guests.

I think the best bet is to disable v2 for HVM guests for now (something
like your second patch) and implement it for 3.4.