Re: [Xen-devel] [Xen-users] VGA passthough still not working

Hello Doug!

see below ....

Am Dienstag, 24. Januar 2012, 19:31:45 schrieb Doug Magee:

> > you

> > doesnt

> > With

> > I was a bit un-percice regarding the "reboot" issue:
> >
> > The passing-through itself works even after a reboot of DomU - the
> > rebooted
> > System spits out its Graphics normaly through the passed-through Card
> > (NVIDA
> > or ATI doesnt matter here) ; BUT:
> > After a reboot it doesn't work properly. Meaning: Slow 3d Performance,
> > i.e.
> > unsable for real 3d apps, even a 3d Desktop;
> > For example, when the Card gives you 70fps in a Benchmark after a
> > fresh Cold
> > Boot, it only gives you 5-10fps after a reboot, this will be that low
> > until
> > you reboot Dom0 also, not only DomU;
> >
> > hopefully i described the scenario better now...
>
> Ah, got it.  I hadn't been doing anything 3D intensive, only running the
> Aero desktop.  I installed 3DMark Vantage and ran a couple of tests.  I
> get the same results (within a fraction of a %) after a cold boot as i
> do after rebooting multiple times, and always very close to native.  It
> seems i don't have the problem you're having.
>
> Do you get any different log messages after a reboot (xl dmesg, dom0
> dmesg, qemu log)?  Have you tried with iommu=verbose to see if there's
> any more useful information there?

Cool. Finally someone NOT suffering the reboot-performance-regression-Problem
:)

I searched back and forth, rebooted DomU like crazy, diff'ed the
dmesg/xldmesg/qemu-dm - but no difference :(

What kind of ATI Card are you passing through?

Would be nice to find out whats causing this...

Greetings!
Tobias