Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.2 TODO List

  • To: "Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk" <konrad@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Andres Lagar-Cavilla" <andres@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 20:52:20 -0800
  • Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ian.campbell@xxxxxxxxxx, adin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 04:53:00 +0000

> On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 07:03:09AM -0800, Andres Lagar-Cavilla wrote:
>> > Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 13:19:05 +0000
>> > From: Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx>
>> > To: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> > Subject: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.2 TODO List Update
>> >
>> > Newly updated list follows. Please send me corrections (especially
>> > "done"). I've stopped CCing everyone, since I guess it is mostly spam
>> > the majority.
>> >
>> > hypervisor, blockers:
>> >
>> >       * round-up of the closing of the security hole in MSI-X
>> >         passthrough (uniformly - i.e. even for Dom0 - disallowing
>> write
>> >         access to MSI-X table pages). (Jan Beulich -- more fixes
>> >         required than first thought, patches posted)
>> >       * domctls / sysctls set up to modify scheduler parameters, like
>> >         the credit1 timeslice and schedule rate. (George Dunlap)
>> >       * get the interface changes for sharing/paging/mem-events done
>> and
>> >         dusted so that 4.2 is a stable API that we hold to. (Tim
>> Deegan,
>> >         Andres Lagar-Cavilla et al)
>> >               * mem event ring management posted, seems close to going
>> >                 in.
>> Mem event ring management has gone in, so you can chalk it off the list.
>
> Any progress on the pvops side of this? This is the -EBUSY patches
> right?

Actually, this is something quite different -- making sure that when the
hypervisor needs to kick the pager into action no events get lost.

On the pvops kernel we need to make sure backends wait for that pager to
get things right. And we halted that for a little while, after your
exchanges with Adin by the end of the year. But we'll be back with the
scheduled programming after the short break ;)

Cheers,
Andres