Re: [Xen-devel] RFC: Still TODO for 4.2? xl domain numa memory allocation vs xm/xend

On Wed, Jan 04, 2012 at 04:29:22PM +0000, Ian Campbell wrote:

> Has anybody got anything else? I'm sure I've missed stuff. Are there any
> must haves e.g. in the paging/sharing spaces?

Something that I just remembered:
http://wiki.xen.org/xenwiki/Xen4.1

"NUMA-aware memory allocation for VMs. xl in Xen 4.1 will allocate equal amount
of memory from every NUMA node for the VM. xm/xend allocates all the memory
from the same NUMA node."

Is this something that should be looked at? Should the numa memory allocation
be an option so it can be controlled per domain?
The default libxl behaviour might cause unexpected performance issues on
multi-socket systems?

-- Pasi