Re: [Xen-devel] Features and bug-fixes that went in Linux 3.2

On 01/09/12 23:37, Ian Campbell wrote:
On Mon, 2012-01-09 at 22:26 +0000, James Harper wrote:
  - Initial work laid out for netback page-flipping (also called zero-copying).

Isn't this how it used to work originally?

Some of the original infrastructure for doing this was not upstreamable
(the PageForeign stuff) so while upstream netback I decided to go with a
simpler/less-intrusive copying mode so we could have some sort of
networking support in mainline.

I've been working on re-laying the necessary infrastructure to allow for
page flipping/mapping mode in upstream (as well as fixing another
generic class of bug) -- you can see the "skb frag destructor" patches
on the netdev list.

(Ultimately I found it here:

    http://lwn.net/Articles/474791/

.)

Ian, do you think the NFS fix in

    http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.nfs/45955

for problem

    http://marc.info/?l=linux-nfs&m=122424132729720&w=2

would be technically feasible to port to 2.6.18, based on the existing PageForeign stuff instead of parts 1-5 of the series?

Thanks
Laszlo