Re: [Xen-devel] Xen randomly stuck in mdelay() during MP initialization

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 3:12 PM, Jan Beulich <JBeulich@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hardly.
>
>> but I don't encounter the problem with xen-unstable.
>
> Running in x2apic mode, perhaps? (Despite having been asked
> already, you still didn't really provide technical details about your
> systems. Nor did you care to attach a log of the successful
> attempt with -unstable...)

Yes, disabling x2apic fixes the issue, thank you.
Is x2apic disabled by default on xen-unstable ? It could explain why
it doesn't hang with it.

>> Does mdelay() relies on some form of timer to execute ?
>
> No. mdelay() is simply a loop around udelay() - see
> xen/include/xen/delay.h.

Yes, that was quite a stupid question from me, what it does is pretty
obvious by looking at the code.

--
Julian