Re: [Xen-devel] set_phys_to_machine not exported?

> On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 12:06:58PM +0000, James Harper wrote:
> > I'm trying to compile pvscsi out-of-tree, and I'm getting an error that
> set_phys_to_machine is not defined when I try to load the module (with the
> warning to that effect at compile time too). This used to work fine in pvops.
>
> Which tree are you using? The devel/xen-scsi-1.0 ?
>
> Or the #testing one?
>
> What do you mean: "This used to work fine in pvops" ? Can you be more
> specific please.

Quite a while ago I grabbed scsiback out of 2.6.18 and patched it up so it
compiled against jeremy's 2.6.32 tree (out-of-tree build though). That worked
fine, and I didn't need scsifront as gplpv is the front end.

Now I'm trying to do the same against 3.0.1 (just compiling against the debian
kernel-headers) and it builds fine after a bit more patching but
set_phys_to_machine isn't exported.

> > Is there another call I can use instead or does that symbol need to be
> exported?
>
> That is the only one?

Comparing with blkback from 3.0.1, it uses m2p_add_override instead I think...
should that work if I make the same changes to scsiback?

Or maybe someone else already has scsiback working against 3.x.x?

Thanks

James