Re: [Xen-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Xen port to Cortex-A15 / ARMv7 with virt extensions

On Wed, 30 Nov 2011, Anup Patel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I wanted to know how Xen-ARM for A15 will address following concerns:
>
> - How will Xen-ARM for A15 support legacy guest environment like ARMv5 or
> ARMv6 ?

It is not our focus at the moment; we are targeting operating systems
that support a modern ARMv7 machine with GIC support.
That said, it might be possible to run legacy guests in the future,
introducing more emulation to the hypervisor.

> - What if my Cortex-A15 board does not have a GIC with virtualization support
> ?

We expect most hardware vendors to provide a GIC with virtualization
support. However if they do not, in order to support their boards we'll
have to do more emulation in the hypervisor.